Samir Salim Hammoud
Mr Samir Hammoud is currently:
Chairman of the Banking Control Commission of Lebanon (BCCL).
Member of the Capital Market Authority (CMA) at the Central Bank of Lebanon.
Member of the Special Investigation Committee (SIC) at the Central Bank of Lebanon.
From 1974 to 2015 Mr. Hammoud was a banker in several banks in Lebanon and the region, namely Rif Bank, Bank of Beirut & Arab Countries, Commercial Bank of Kuwait- Kuwait, BankMed, and also acted as Chairman/G. Manager of Future TV, in addition to his job in the Bank.
Also he has a long academic career, he taught in Haigazian, AUB, LAU and USJ (1981 –1995).
He also participated as a speaker in a number of seminars located in Lebanon and in the Arab World with the Union of Arab Banks,Lebanese Banks Association and Institute of Banking Studies. He published a number of studies and articles in Lebanese newspapers and magazines related monetary, financial and banking situation and
issued a book in 1993 entitled “Credit Analysis”.
He holds a BBA from Haigazian College (1978), an MBA from American University of Beirut (1981) and a B.A. in Law from the Lebanese University (2000).
Mr. Hammoud Social Activities:
– He was Appointed by the Council of Ministers as Committee member for restructuring Bank Euromed, 1992.
– Member in Association of Banks in Lebanon / Banking Studies Committee, 1993- March 2015.
– Past President of Rotary Club of Beirut since 1987. Former president for year 2005 & former Assistant Governor for year 2015.
– Member of B.O.D of Al Riyadi Club , 2007 – present.
– Member of Board of Trustees of Makassed Islamic Philanthropic Association, 2014 – present.
– President of Hammoud Family Association in Lebanon , 2012- present.